Parlade’s call for revolutionary gov’t better left ignored, Palace says
MANILA, Philippines — Retired General Antonio Parlade’s call for a revolutionary government is better left ignored, the Palace said Tuesday.
“Retired General Antonio Parlade’s call for a revolutionary government is part of his guaranteed freedom of speech and expression,” acting presidential spokesperson Secretary Martin Andanar said in a statement.
“However, as Defense Secretary Delfin Lorenzana directed the Armed Forces of the Philippines, the retired general’s call is better left ignored,” he added.
Early Tuesday, Parlade, together with around 100 individuals, organized a dialogue at the People Power Monument in Quezon City.
They had banners showing their support for President Rodrigo Duterte and a revolutionary government.
Under a revolutionary government, the Constitution will be abolished and the power will be in the president alone.
Parlade likewise criticized the Commission on Elections, alleging that he needed to pay millions for his candidacy to push through.
To recall, he filed his COC for the presidency but was later disqualified due to a technicality.
Parlade served as the spokesperson of the National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict. He was also appointed as deputy director general of the National Security Council in September last year.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.