1st Comelec debate postponed to March | Inquirer News
Close  

1st Comelec debate postponed to March

/ 04:48 AM February 08, 2022

Image showing Comelec logo for story: 1st Comelec debate postponed to March

MANILA, Philippines — The first of the three presidential and vice presidential debates organized by the Commission on Elections (Comelec) has been postponed to the first week of March.

ADVERTISEMENT

It was supposed to be held in the last week of February, since the official campaign period for national candidates starts on Feb. 8.

Elaiza David, chief of education and information of Comelec, said they needed “more time” to prepare as the poll commissioners still have to formally approve the proposed debate rules.

FEATURED STORIES

“There may be a slight delay for the first debate; instead of the last week of February, it may be held in the first week of March,” David said on Monday.

“The planning stage is ongoing and we are talking to the networks and partners to help with the format and production,” she added.

—DONA Z. PAZZIBUGAN

READ: Comeback, pushback or upset? Official campaigning begins

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: #VotePH2022, 2022 presidential race, first Comelec debate
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

News that matters

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.