IATF to reassess Alert Level 3 restrictions — Nograles
MANILA, Philippines — The Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Emerging Infectious Diseases will reassess the restrictions under Alert Level 3 as the COVID-19 vaccination coverage increases, acting presidential spokesperson and Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles said on Monday.
Metro Manila escalated to Alert Level 3 from January 3 to 15 due to the swelling COVID-19 infections and detection of local cases of the Omicron variant.
Under Alert Level 3, intrazonal and interzonal travel are subject to “reasonable restrictions” that may be imposed by local government units.
Individuals aged 18 and those belonging in the vulnerable population are likewise permitted access and travel to get essential goods and services and for work.
“Mag-usap muna kami sa IATF (The IATF will meet) because remember, when these rules were crafted and announced, that was a time na mababa pa ‘yung vaccination natin (that our vaccination coverage is still low). So, it’s something that we will revisit, which is why ang (our) technical working group is meeting today,” Nograles said on ANC’s Headstart.
“We’ll have an IATF meeting tomorrow so we can talk about this again. Remember, during that time, mababa ‘yung vaccination natin (our vaccination rate was low). During that time, hindi pa natin nababakunahan ‘yung (we have not vaccinated those) below 18,” he continued.
“But right now, things are different. Right now, we are giving vaccination now to 12-18, remember. And then, marami na sa mga senior citizens natin ang bakunado na (many senior citizens are already vaccinated). So, let’s wait for the announcement ng (of) the IATF,” the Palace official added.
The following are the establishments and activities that are restricted under Alert Level 3:
- -face-to-face classes in basic education
- -contact sports
- -karaoke bars, clubs, concert halls, theaters
- -casinos, horse racing, cockfighting, operation of cockpits, lottery and betting shops and other gaming establishments aside from those that will be allowed by the IATF or the Office of the President
- -social gatherings where individuals do not belong in the same household
The following activities, meanwhile, will be permitted with 30-percent indoor venue capacity for fully vaccinated individuals and 50-percent outdoor capacity:
- -meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions
- -social events such wedding parties, engagements, debut, birthday parties
- -tourist attractions including libraries
- -amusement parks
- -recreational venues
- -in-person religious gatherings
- -licensure exams
- -dine-in services
- -personal care services
- -fitness studios, non-contact sports
- -film, music, television production
As of January 1, some 49.7 million individuals are fully immunized against COVID-19, the Department of Health data showed.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.