Pulse Asia survey: Cayetano, Tulfo, Legarda lead senatorial race
MANILA, Philippines — Former senator Alan Peter Cayetano and broadcaster Raffy Tulfo are leading the senatorial race based on the latest Pulse Asia survey released Wednesday.
Former senators Loren Legarda and Francis Escudero placed third and fourth with 58.7 percent and 53.9 percent, respectively. Former Public Works Secretary Mark Villar completed the top five at 51.3 percent.
Also included in the top preferred senatorial candidates are as follows:
- Senate Majority Leader Juan Miguel Zubiri – 49.4 percent
- Former Vice President Jojo Binay – 44.7 percent
- Senator Joel Villanueva – 41.6 percent
- Senator Sherwin Gatchalian – 40.1 percent
- President Rodrigo Duterte – 35.8 percent
- Actor Robin Padilla – 35.6 percent
- Senator Risa Hontiveros – 35.5 percent
- Former senator Jinggoy Estrada – 34.4 percent
- Former senator JV Ejercito (32.1 percent)
Former senator Gringo Honasan placed in the 14th to 16th range at 30.5 percent while Antonio Trillanes IV placed in the 15th to 16th rage at 27 percent.
The survey covers 2,400 respondents 18 years old and above, with a ± 2% error margin.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.