Quezon logs 209 new COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths — all highest single-day tally | Inquirer News
Close  

Quezon logs 209 new COVID-19 cases, 16 deaths — all highest single-day tally

By: - Correspondent / @dtmallarijrINQ
/ 11:26 AM September 04, 2021

LUCENA CITY – Quezon province recorded 209 new COVID-19 patients, 16 fatalities and 180 healed virus carriers on Friday, September 3, all highest single-day tally since the pandemic began in March last year, the Integrated Provincial Health Office (IPHO) said.

In its 5 p.m. bulletin issued Friday, IPHO showed that San Antonio town posted the highest figures, with 36 new cases, followed by Sariaya with 35, and Lucena City, 27.

ADVERTISEMENT

On Sept. 1, the IPHO recorded 208 new virus carriers.

FEATURED STORIES

Status of COVID-19 cases in Quezon Province as of 5:00 pm today

Posted by Quezon Public Information Office on Friday, September 3, 2021

The total number of deaths hit 990, with four more fatalities from Candelaria town; two each in Lucena, Sariaya, Pagbilao and Guinayangan; and one each in Lucban, Tagkawayan, Atimonan and Gumaca recorded Friday.

Sariaya town topped the list of recoveries for the day with 44 healed COVID-19 patients.

Quezon, which remains under general community quarantine with heightened restrictions until Sept. 7, had been logging an uptick in COVID-19 cases.

As of Sept. 3, the province has 1,988 active infections from only 705 on July 23.

Lucena City, the provincial capital which is under strict modified enhanced community quarantine until Sept. 7, topped the list with 511 active virus carriers.

ADVERTISEMENT

On Aug. 30, the authorities revealed that the province had 27 COVID-19 Delta variant cases. Two of them are in Lucena and one each in Tiaong and Pagbilao towns.

Governor Danilo Suarez disclosed that most hospitals in COVID-19-stricken towns and cities are now full of patients.

On Sept. 2, Suarez initiated a virtual meeting with members of the province Inter Agency Task Force and mapped out plans and strategies to heighten the campaign to prevent the spread of the virus, particularly the highly transmissible Delta variants.

The governor reiterated his appeal to the public to follow all COVID-19 safety protocols, such as wearing face masks and face shields and observing safe distancing.

“Stay home if you have no essential things to do outside,” he said.

Last month, Quezon recorded an alarming 3,192 COVID-19 cases and 193 deaths, the highest monthly tally since the pandemic began.

EDV

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: coronavirus Philippines, COVID-19 death toll, Delta variant, Quezon Province
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.