Navotas City completes its distribution of cash aid
MANILA, Philippines — Navotas City has completed its distribution of cash aid (ayuda) for qualified beneficiaries amid the economic impact of the strict community lockdown against COVID-19, Mayor Toby Tiangco on Thursday said.
As of Wednesday, all of the 62,600 qualified families in the city received cash aid worth P201,407,000 — P199,871,000 of which came from the national government, while P1,536,000 was sourced from the city’s coffers.
“We were able to finish the distribution of ECQ ayuda within the 15-day deadline,” Tiangco said.
The initial deadline for the cash aid distribution was on Wednesday but the Department of Interior and Local Government (DILG) extended the deadline to August 31.
Caloocan City was the first city to finish its cash aid distribution, according to DILG.
Meanwhile, Tiangco said Navotas City also earmarked P24.6 million to augment its ECQ cash aid budget.
This will cover the cash assistance of persons with disabilities, solo parents, and the remainder of the Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program beneficiaries. It will also benefit individuals and families who have yet to receive any financial assistance.
“Our grievance and appeals committee has started validating requests of constituents who have not received any cash assistance since the community quarantine began last year,” Tiangco said.
“Our long battle with the pandemic and the implementation of community quarantine has severely affected our people’s livelihood. We will strive to provide financial assistance to our constituents who need it the most,” he added.