PDP-Laban bares initial senatorial slate for 2022 elections
MANILA, Philippines — The Partido Demokratiko Pilipino – Lakas ng Bayan (PDP-Laban) on Tuesday revealed its initial senatorial slate for the 2022 elections, which included one congressman and three Cabinet members.
The following compose the ruling party’s initial senatorial candidates for 2022:
- House Deputy Speaker Rodante Marcoleta
- Chief presidential legal counsel Salvador Panelo
- Information and Communications Technology Secretary Gringo Honasan
- Transport Secretary Arthur Tugade
- Public Works and Highways Secretary Mark Villar
PDP-Laban said the line-up would be among issues to be discussed at its national convention set on September 8.
The party earlier said it is eyeing to include up to seven Cabinet secretaries in its senatorial slate for the 2022 elections, and that it is still vetting the names of at least 20 potential candidates including:
- Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III
- Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles
- PACC commissioner Greco Belgica
- Agrarian Reform Secretary John Castriones
- Quirino governor Dax Cua
- Leyte Rep. Lucy Torres
PDP-Laban earlier said it might field eight or nine candidates from the party and the rest will be from parties allied with the administration.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.