For the second time, Ateneo suspends college entrance test due to pandemic
MANILA, Philippines — The Ateneo de Manila University (AdMU) has announced that it would not hold a college entrance examination for the second time amid the continuing threat of COVID-19.
“Ateneo de Manila University is once again suspending the administration of the Ateneo College Entrance Test (ACET) as part of the first-year and transfer application process for School Year 2022 to 2023,” the school management said on its website Wednesday.
“This is still due to the prevailing health emergency that will prevent the effective and safe administration of the entrance exam,” it added.
Last year, AdMU has also suspended the ACET noting logistical problems posed by the coronavirus crisis.
Like in 2020, AdMU will base the admission of the applicant on his or her past academic performance, recommendations of teachers, essays, and information written on the application form instead of the ACET result.
AdMU said the application period for incoming freshmen will start in September, with the exact date to be announced later. Its acceptance of transfer applications will also be announced at a later date.
The Ateneo college application cycle for School Year 2022-2023 will begin soon – and once again, the Ateneo College…
Both the Department of Education and the Commission on Higher Education have suspended face-to-face classes since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. Flexible learning or online classes will continue until next year.
On Thursday, the government said the total confirmed COVID-19 infections nationwide is approaching 1.8 million as the country posted another record-high 14,895 new cases.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.