Anti-terror council tags Joma Sison, 18 other CPP members as terrorists
MANILA, Philippines — Communist Party of the Philippines founder Jose Ma. Sison and 18 other CPP officials were tagged as terrorists by Anti-Terrorism Council (ATC) along with 10 Abu Sayyaf Group (ASH) bandits.
In Resolution No. 17, the ATC identified the following officials and members of the CPP as terrorists:
1. Jose Maria Canlas Sison a.k.a. Joma/Armando Liwonog/Amado Guerrero/Lodi/Pete/Al of the CPP;
2. Vicente Portades Ladlad a.k.a. Vic/Terry/Edgar/Ed/Gilbert/Fidel/lsaganl/Emilio/VIady/Dong/Nonong/Dino/ Ramon/Billy/ Bern of the CPP;
3. Rafael De Guzman Baylosis a.k.a. Raul/Rap/Raffy/Lando of the CCP;
4. Jorge Madlos a.k.a. Ka Oris/Mal Fuerza/JS/Jose/OIoy/CaIoy/Ando/Tatay/Cdr Karyo/RauI Castro/Kasky of the CPP;
5. Julieta De Lima Sison a.k.a. Juliet/Julia/Julie/Socorro/Rojo/Mayette/ Leah/Maria C De Guzmon/Cdr Lita/Jules/Manet/Marie/Sendang/ Yelena/Ylna of the CPP;
6. Rey Claro Cera Casambre a.k.a. Bong of the CPP;
7. Abdias Guadiana a.k.a. /July/BaduI/Abdul/Mario/Omar/Ramon/Dome of the CPP;
8. Alan Valera Jazmines a.k.a. Jr./Toaos/Arthur/Tex/Dex/Ogie/Andy Perez/Juan Tivaldo/Teroy/Archi of the CPP;
9. Benito Enriquez Tiamzon a.k.a. Celo/Iyo/Lot/Crising Banaag/Jing of the CPP;
10. Wilma Austria-Tiamzon a.k.a. Ka Wing/Didith/Jana/Pinay/Sering/Ria/Azon/Isabel/Suarez/Edith/Jana of the CPP;
11. Adelberto Albayalde Silva a.k.a.Oco/Rigor/Perry/Percival Rojo of the CPP;
12. Ma. Concepcion Araneta-Bocala a.k.a. Kota/Concha/Clara/Remi Estrella/Etang/Ling/Diwa/Martha of the CPP;
13. Dionesio Micabolo a.k.a MuIing/Moling/ Cardo/Kardo/Carpo/ Bawang/Abu/Jeff of the CPP:
14. Myrna Sularte a.k.a lyay/Imang/Emang/Blngbing/Maria Malaya/Josie of the CPP:
15. Tirso Lagora Alcantara a.k.a. Bart Sot/Flavio/PangInoon/Dave/ Shane Sangrio of the CPP;
16. Pedro Heyrona Codaste o.k.a. Gonyong/Koyoy/Inggo/Senyang/Beryang/Resurrecion Osorio of the CPP;
17. Tomas Dominodo a.k.a. Pendong/Asyong/Greg/Tom/Noynoy of the CPP;
18. Ma. Loida Tuzo Magpatoc a.k.a. Eva/Ka Norsen/Bebyang/Byang/Elay/Madam/Gwen/Adelaide Burias Tozo of the CCP
19. Menandro Villanueva a.k.a. Nelson/Boss/Dennis/Titing/Bok/Ka Luis/Book/Willy/Jude.
According to the resolution, the ATC found “probable cause,” as defined in the Anti-Terrorism Act of 2020 (ATA) that the following members of CPP have violated Sections 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 of the ATA, “for planning, preparing, facilitating, conspiring, and inciting the commission of terrorism and recruitment to and membership in a terrorist organization or a group organized for the purpose of engaging in terrorism.”
The said resolution was approved by National Security Adviser Hermogenes Esperon on April 21, 2021.
Meanwhile, in Resolution No.16, approved by Esperon on February 24, 10 Abu Sayyaf Group (ASG) bandits were likewise tagged as terrorists.
- Esmael Abdulmalik a.k.a Cmdr Turaifie/Abu Turafifie/Abu Toraype of the Jama’atu al-Muhajirin wal Ansar fil Filibin and affiliated with Daulah/Dawlah Islamiyah (DI);
- Raden Abu of the ASG and affiliated with the DI;
- Esmael Abubakar a.k.a. Cmdr Bungos/Bungos of the Bangsamoro Islamic Freedom Fighters-Bunog faction;
- Muhiddin Animbang a.k.a. Kagui Karialan/Karialan affiliated with the BIFF
- Salahuddin Hassan a.k.a. Orak/Salah/Tulea/Abu Salman affiliated with the DI;
- Radzmil Jannatul a.k.a. Khubayb/Kubayb/Kubaib/Kubaeb/Baeb of the ASG and affiliated with the DI;
- Majan Sahidjuan a.k.a. Apo Mike/Apoh Mike of the ASG and affiliated with the DI;
- Faharudin Benito Hadji Satar a.k.a. Jer Mimbantas/Abu Zacaria/Zacharia/Abu Bakar/Omar of the Maute Group and affiliated with the DI;
- Mudsrimar Sawadjaan a.k.a. Mundi Sawadjaan/Puruh Sawadjaan/Puroh of the ASG and affiliated with the DI; and
- Almujer Yadah a.k.a. Mujer/Mujir of the ASG and affiliated with the DI
ATC stated that based on information obtained and consolidated by the National Intelligence Committee, the 10 members of the ASG — which has been previously designated as a terrorist organization by the UN Security Council — have violated Sections 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 of the ATA, also for “for conspiring. planning, and preparing for the commission of terrorism.”
On December 9, 2020, the council formally labeled the CPP and its armed wing, the New People’s Army (NPA) as terrorist groups in Resolution No. 12.
Under the ATA, the council may designate any individual and organization — whether domestic or foreign — as terrorists upon establishing probable cause that they have committed or attempted to commit in the commission of the acts defined and penalized under Sections 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 2.
“Designation plays a critical role in the fight against terrorism and is on effective means to eliminate, prevent or suppress the financing of terrorist acts, the provision of support to entities and persons involved in terrorist acts, the recruitment of members of terrorist groups, and the supply of weapons to terrorists,” the ATC further stated in the resolution.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.