LIST: Manila roads closed, rerouted for Santo Niño Feast
MANILA, Philippines — Several roads in Manila will be closed on Sunday, January 17, for the celebration of the Feast of the Sto. Niño de Tondo and Sto. Niño de Pandacan, the city government announced on Friday.
According to an advisory from the Manila Public Information Office (PIO), the Manila Police District Traffic Enforcement Unit said that the following road closures and re-routing will be implemented starting 3 a.m. on the said date:
FEAST OF THE STO NIÑO DE TONDO
– Stretch of J. Nolasco St. from Moriones St. to N. Zamora St.
– Stretch of N. Zamora St. from Moriones St. to Chacon St.
– Stretch of Chacon St. from N. Zamora St. to Juan Luna St.
– Stretch of Morga St. from Asuncion St. to Juan Luna St.
– Stretch of Sta. Maria St. from Moriones St. to Morga St.
Re-routing of vehicles:
– All vehicles coming from Moriones St. intending to utilize J. Nolasco St. shall go straight to Juan Luna St. or Dagupan St. to point of destination
– All vehicles coming from Pritil utilizing N. Zamora St. shall turn left to Moriones St. to Juan Luna St. to point of destination
– All vehicles utilizing Asuncion St. shall turn left to Tuazon St. to point of destination
FEAST OF THE STO NIÑO DE PANDACAN
– Stretch of Jesus St. from Quirino Ave. to Palumbong St.
– Stretch of Palumpong St. from Jesus St. to Beata St.
– Stretch of T. San Luis St. from Jesus St. to Central St.
– Stretch of Labores St. from Central St. to Jesus St.
– Stretch of Industria St. from Jesus St. to Central St.
– Stretch of Narciso St. from Jesus St. to Central St.
Re-routing of vehicles:
– All vehicles intending to utilize the stretch of Jesus St. coming from Mabini Bridge (Nagtahan Bridge) shall go straight to Quirino Ave. to point of destination
– All vehicles intending to utilize the stretch of Jesus St. coming from Narciso, Industria, and Labores Streets shall turn left to Central St., turn left to T. San Luis St. to point of destination
– All vehicles utilizing Zamora Bridge coming from Valenzuela St. (Sta. Mesa area going to Pandacan) shall turn right to Beata St., left to Laura St., right to Flerida St., left to Menandro St., straight to Carreon to point of destination
– All vehicles coming from Carreon St., shall turn right to Linceo St., left to Laura St., right to Beata St., to point of destination
The Manila PIO said that the “opening of roads shall depend on actual traffic condition.”
The Manila City government earlier said there will be no street parties, stage shows, parades, parlor games, and other outdoor activities during the celebration of the Feast of the Santo Niño de Tondo and Pandacan on Jan. 16 and 17.
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso likewise said curfew between midnight and 3 a.m would be strictly implemented on the feast days.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.