DOT condemns ‘reckless’ Batangas beach party for defying quarantine protocols | Inquirer News
Close  

DOT condemns ‘reckless’ Batangas beach party for defying quarantine protocols

By: - Reporter / @KHallareINQ
/ 01:53 PM December 09, 2020
batangas beach party prohibited

A party by the beach in Batangas. SCREENGRAB FROM DOT VIDEO

MANILA, Philippines — The Department of Tourism (DOT) on Wednesday condemned the recent Batangas beach resort party for defying quarantine protocols,  calling it “another reckless social gathering.”

“The Department of Tourism (DOT) condemns yet another reckless social gathering organized at a tourism establishment, this time at the Blue Coral Beach Resorts Inc. in Barangay Laiya, San Juan, Batangas,” the DOT said in a statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

“The said mass gathering, documented on video by concerned individuals, shows a large group of individuals partying without face masks, face shields nor observance of physical distancing protocols at the beach of the said resort, which violates the guidelines set by the Inter-Agency Task Force on Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF-EID) for areas under general community quarantine (GCQ),” the agency added.

In the video provided by the DOT, it showed resort visitors holding a party by the beach. That video also showed the people without their face masks and face shields on and did not practice social distancing.

FEATURED STORIES

The DOT then lauded the San Juan, Batangas local government unit for “taking the necessary action” to revoke the resort’s business permit and file the appropriate charges.

This was not the first time, however, that several people were busted for being caught having a party despite the directive of the national government.

In November, local officials of tourist destination Boracay said it was investigating a Halloween party that took place on the island.

The establishment where the party was held was ordered closed, Interior Secretary Eduardo Año announced last week.

Under GCQ areas, social events such as birthdays, weddings, and the like are prohibited, Tourism Secretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat previously said.

CFC
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Batangas, Department of Tourism, DoT, Party
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2021 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.