Elderly man accidentally blows up part of home while trying to swat fly | Inquirer News

Elderly man accidentally blows up part of home while trying to swat fly

/ 06:10 PM September 08, 2020
fly

INQUIRER.net Stock Photo

An elderly man accidentally blew up a portion of his home when he tried to swat a fly last Friday, Sept. 4.

The man, who is in his 80s, was about to have dinner when the bug entered his house in Dordogne, France. He then grabbed an electric fly swatter and approached it, as per French newspaper Sud Ouest via the New York Post on Sept. 6.

ADVERTISEMENT

However, the man did not realize that a gas canister in his house was leaking at the time. When the swatter reacted with the gas, it caused an explosion that destroyed the kitchen and a portion of the roof.

Following the blast, the report stated that the elderly man only sustained a slight burn to his hand. Meanwhile, it was not known what happened to the insect.

FEATURED STORIES

The senior citizen’s family is now repairing his home while he stays at a local campsite. Ryan Arcadio /ra

RELATED STORIES: 

Woman sets house on fire because of a spider, gets arrested

Good Samaritan pauses PlayStation game, saves people from burning apartment

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: elderly, fly, France, Gas Leak, insects
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.