Palace strongly condemns explosions in Jolo, Sulu | Inquirer News

Palace strongly condemns explosions in Jolo, Sulu

By: - Reporter / @KAguilarINQ
/ 05:06 PM August 24, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Monday condemned the two explosions in Jolo which has so far killed at least 11 people and left 24 other wounded.

READ: 11 soldiers, civilians slain, 24 others wounded in Jolo blasts

“We condemn in the strongest possible terms the explosion incidents in Jolo, Sulu today, which left scores dead and wounded, including soldiers,” presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.

ADVERTISEMENT

The spokesman also expressed condolences to the families of those who died in the incident.

FEATURED STORIES

“We call on the residents of Jolo to stay vigilant and report suspicious personalities and unattended items in their areas,” Roque said.

Western Mindanao Command commander Major General Corleto Vinluan Jr. said the first explosion occurred at 11:54 a.m. in Barangay Walled City in Jolo where a military truck was parked.

Another explosion occurred an hour later at 12:57 p.m. only a hundred meters away from the first blast.

Vinluan said a female suicide bomber and a soldier were killed in the second nearby blast.

JE
Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription has been successful.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.

TAGS: Jolo blast, Malacañang, Palace, Sulu

© Copyright 1997-2024 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.