Palace dismisses dare to prove Duterte is ’88 percent’ healthy
MANILA, Philippines — Malacañang on Friday dismissed a lawyer’s dare to prove that President Rodrigo Duterte is 88 percent healthy, saying he should just “accept his legal defeat” after the Supreme Court junked his earlier petition.
“Atty. Dino de Leon already lost his case in the Supreme Court where he asked the tribunal to compel President Rodrigo Roa Duterte to publicly disclose his health records,” Presidential spokesperson Harry Roque said in a statement.
“The decision speaks for itself. He should accept his legal defeat graciously and heed the High Court’s ruling,” he added.
Roque earlier said the President’s health is at “88 percent” just like any other 75-year-old.
De Leon, in a letter to Roque, asked for the basis of his statement and reminded him that his words are being watched given the public’s worry over the President’s health.
The Supreme Court previously dismissed De Leon’s petition compelling the disclosure of Duterte’s health records.