Bicol region COVID-19 watch: 25 cases, 1 death
LEGAZPI CITY – Six more patients tested positive of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), bringing the total number of cases in the Bicol region to 25, the Department of Health (DOH) said on Sunday.
Ernie Vera, DOH – Bicol regional director, said in a statement that the 20th to 24th cases were reported in Albay while the latest case was reported and recorded in Catanduanes.
The patient is a 63-year old female who had a history of travel to Japan. She was admitted last March 12 at Eastern Bicol Medical Center.
A total of 19 COVID-19 have so far been reported in Albay, five in Camarines Sur and one in Catanduanes.
The 20th confirmed case is a 54-year-old male who had a history of travel in Marikina City. He is currently admitted at Bicol Regional Training and Teaching Hospital (BRTTH).
The 21st case is a 50-year-old female who had a history of exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 patient while the 22nd case is a 28-year-old female.
The 23rd case is a 36-year-old female. Her history of exposure is still being established.
The 24th case is a 57-year-old female who was also exposed to a COVID-19 patient.
Sixteen patients have while one has died.
Three other individuals under investigation for COVID-19 are still awaiting test results.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.