Bataan confirms 3rd COVID-19 patient
ORION, BATAAN –– A resident in this town was tested positive for coronavirus disease (COVID-19), raising the number of confirmed cases to three, local officials said.
Mayor Antonio Raymundo on Monday said the new COVID-19 case, a man in his 30s, had been in close contact with the province’s second confirmed case, a 24-year-old male patient.
Raymundo said the town would be placed on lockdown, and a 24-hour curfew would be imposed starting Tuesday.
He said home quarantine would be strictly implemented among households, but farmers and fishermen would be given a special pass to allow them to continue with their livelihoods.
The mayor said food packs would also be distributed in all villages.
The Inquirer Foundation supports our healthcare frontliners and is still accepting cash donations to be deposited at Banco de Oro (BDO) current account #007960018860 or donate through PayMaya using this link .
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.