Close  

Cholera hits boy in Davao del Sur evacuation camp

/ 04:16 AM March 09, 2020

MAGSAYSAY, Davao del Sur, Philippines — A 7-year-old boy has been confined in a hospital in Bansalan town for the first case of cholera detected at an evacuation camp at Barangay Balnate here.

Dr. Arthur Navidad, municipal health officer, said the boy was among villagers from Barangay Tagaytay who were staying in the camp after their village was declared a no-build zone.

ADVERTISEMENT

The series of quakes that rocked Cotabato and Davao del Sur in October and December last year left tension cracks on the ground at Barangay Tagaytay, making the area susceptible to landslides during heavy rains.

Navidad said local health authorities had been monitoring the progress of the boy as they tried to institute measures to decongest the camp.—Orlando Dinoy

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: cholera, Davao del Sur evacuation camp
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.