outbrain
Close  

Dog turns on microwave, accidentally starts kitchen fire

/ 05:10 PM December 05, 2019
Husky

A husky managed to turn on a microwave and was luckily unharmed in a fire. INQUIRER.net stock photo

A pet dog in the United Kingdom started a fire in its owner’s home when it accidentally turned on the microwave.

The husky was left alone in a house in Stanford-le-Hope, Essex when the fire occurred last Monday, Dec. 2. The dog was luckily unharmed in the incident, according to the Essex County Fire and Rescue Service report.

ADVERTISEMENT

The microwave, positioned on a kitchen worktop, contained a packet of bread rolls that the microwave began to burn. The owner of the house noticed the fire when he checked the security camera feed of the house through his phone.

“When we arrived, the kitchen was filled with smoke,” Geoff Wheal, the watch manager at Corringham Fire Station, stated.

FEATURED STORIES

The firefighters made sure that the fire did not spread beyond the kitchen, according to the report. Wheal also reminded the public not to store food inside the electric oven when it is not in use.

He added, “Clearly this is a very strange incident involving the man’s dog, but it could still have been more serious.” NVG

RELATED STORIES:

Child dies in house fire after trying to save puppy trapped inside

Puppy dies from ‘heart attack due to loud fireworks’

WATCH: Dog talks to owner through custom soundboard

ADVERTISEMENT
Read Next
EDITORS' PICK
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Dog, Fire, Kitchen, microwave, Pet, United Kingdom
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.