No Filipinos hurt in deadly Iran quake – DFA
MANILA, Philippines — No Filipinos were among the casualties in the deadly 5.9 magnitude earthquake that hit Iran Friday morning, the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) said.
In a statement, the DFA said the Philippine Embassy in Tehran has contacted the Filipino community in Tabriz City to ascertain the safety and situation of around 32 Filipino nationals residing in the area.
This after the quake in the East Azerbaijan province in Iran which reportedly killed at least five and injured 120 others.
“So far, there is no report of Filipinos among those affected by the deadly earthquake,” the DFA said.
“The DFA stands ready to provide assistance to any affected kababayan,” it added.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.