Close  

COA raises red flags in Pagcor’s ‘Matuwid Na Daan Sa Silid Aralan’ project

By: - Reporter / @CMarquezINQ
/ 09:21 PM July 19, 2019

COA reports P49M unused anti-poverty funds from Pagcor

MANILA, Philippines – The Commission on Audit (COA) has red-flagged the Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corporation (Pagcor) for its lapses in implementing the “Matuwid Na Daan Sa Silid Aralan” project.

ADVERTISEMENT

In a COA report of Pagcor for 2018, the expected target of 457 classrooms worth P714.496 million were not completed within the deadline.

“Only 6,471 or 93.40 percent classrooms were completed and the remaining 457 classrooms or 6.60 per cent were still either under construction or at [the] procurement and planning stage,” read the COA report.

Upon verification, COA revealed that 6.6 percent or 457 of the 6,928 classrooms should be finished by December 31, 2017 but are still incomplete as of January 31, 2019.

State auditors likewise said there was no written agreement that allows the extension for completing the classrooms.

The commission also spotted Pagcor’s failure to construct 211 classrooms with a total cost of P393.450 which resulted in “abandonment by the contractors of the project.”

COA also noted the non-liquidation of P1.189 billion funds released by PAGCOR to implementing agencies including the Department of Education and Department of Public Works and Highways.

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Commission On Audit, Matuwid na Daan, Nation, news, Philippine news updates
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.