Perfect attendance for Sotto, Lacson in 17th Congress
MANILA, Philippines – Senate President Vicente Sotto III and Senator Panfilo Lacson had a perfect 17th Congress attendance record, appearing in all 61 plenary sessions of the third regular congressional session, the Senate said in a statement Sunday.
“Sotto and Lacson have managed to keep a perfect attendance all throughout the 17th Congress, having accomplished the same in the first and second regular sessions in 2016 and 2017, respectively,” the Senate statement said.
Aside from Sotto and Lacson, five other senators were able to attend all plenary sessions of the third regular session from July 23, 2018 to June 4, 2019 – Majority Leader Juan Miguel “Migz” Zubiri, Minority Leader Franklin M. Drilon, Gregorio Honasan, Joel Villanueva and Aquilino “Koko” Pimentel III.
Aside from perfect attendance in the third regular session, Sotto, Zubiri, Lacson, and Honasan also had no records of tardiness, or calling in sick or being on official missions.
Senator Nancy Binay, meanwhile, attended 60 plenary sessions of the third regular session, having missed one session day due to an official mission abroad.
Senators Win Gatchalian, JV Ejercito and Cynthia Villar attended 58 session days while Senators Risa Hontiveros and Antonio Trillanes IV attended 57 session days.
Attendance of other senators in the third regular session of the 17th Congress are as follows:
- Senator Sonny Angara – 56 session days
- Senator Grace Poe – 56 session days
- Senator Loren Legarda – 56 session days
- Senate President Pro-Tempore Ralph G. Recto – 55 session days
- Senator Francis “Chiz” Escudero – 55 session days
- Senator Richard Gordon – 54 session days
- Senator Bam Aquino – 50 session days
- Senator Emmanuel “Manny” Pacquiao – 49 session days
- Senator Francis “Kiko” Pangilinan – 47 session days
Detained Senator Leila de Lima, meanwhile, was not able to attend any plenary session.
The 17th Congress adjourned last June 4. (Editor: Gilbert S. Gaviola)