Some Metro Manila roads to be closed on weekend for repairs
MANILA, Philippines — Parts of some major roads in Metro Manila will be closed to vehicular traffic this weekend to make way for road repairs and reblockings.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced Friday that the following road sections will be closed starting 11 p.m. Friday (June 7) until 5 a.m Monday (June 10):
- C-5 road near Market-Market (2nd lane beside the U-turn slot)
- Edsa before Aurora Boulevard (1st lane from the sidewalk) and after Aurora Boulevard to Arayat (1st lane from the sidewalk)
- Edsa in front of Guzent Construction Equipment (1st lane from the sidewalk)
- Edsa Magallanes – Baclaran bus stop to Magallanes – Alabang bus stop (outer lane)
- Katipunan after F.B. Dela Roxas Street to before the Katipunan/Aurora flyover (3rd lane from the sidewalk)
- Edsa before General Roxas Avenue to after Aurora Boulevard (1st and 2nd lane from the sidewalk, intermittent)
- Quirino Highway Belfast road to Zabarte road (1st lane from the sidewalk)
- General Luis St. near Banahaw St. bound to Caloocan City
- España Boulevard Ma. Cristina St. to M. Dela Fuente St.
The MMDA advised motorists to avoid the affected areas and use alternative routes instead.
It also assured that the said roads will be fully passable by 5 a.m. Monday. (Editor: Jonathan P. Vicente)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.