Trillanes ready to face probes: ‘Bring it on!’
MANILA, Philippines — “Game! Bring it on!”
Opposition Senator Antonio Trillanes IV had this to say to foes planning to summon him to congressional hearings.
Even before his term as a senator expires on June 30, some of his political foes had already indicated the possibility of calling him into a probe.
Asked during the Kapihan sa Senado on Thursday if he would face these investigations, the senator categorically said yes.
“Sige. Game! Bring it on!” said Trillanes, a staunch critic of President Rodrigo Duterte.
“Yun ngang paninindak ni Duterte mismo, yung pinakang master nila e, hindi ako natatakot. Dito pa sa mga amuyong na ito, ‘di ba? Ay, ano na pala sila, honorable elected officials,” he added.
Senator-elect Christopher “Bong” Go was earlier quoted saying he might summon Trillanes to a Senate probe.
Duterte’s son and now incoming Davao Representative Paolo Duterte also called for a probe on allegations that the Liberal Party and other opposition personalities, including Trillanes, were behind the so-called “Ang Totoong Narcolist” videos. (Editor: Julie Espinosa)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.