Close  

Alejano says he is ready to face probe on ‘Bikoy’ claims

/ 08:50 AM May 24, 2019

MANILA, Philippines — Outgoing Magdalo Rep. Gary Alejano said he and outgoing opposition Sen. Antonio Trillanes IV are ready to face any Senate inquiry in connection with the fresh allegations made by Peter Joemel Advincula.

Advincula, who claims to be “Bikoy,” the hooded man in the series of videos that linked members of the family of President Rodrigo Duterte to the illegal drug trade, suddenly retracted his statements on Thursday and accused Trillanes and the Liberal Party of directing him.

ADVERTISEMENT

The Philippine National Police (PNP)  presented Advincula in a press conference even though its chief, General Oscar Albayalde, had earlier called him an “information peddler” due to his earlier allegations which also linked Presidential son Paolo Duterte and senator-elect Christopher Lawrence “Bong” Go to the illegal drug trade.

READ: ‘Bikoy’ changes tune on videos

FEATURED STORIES

“We will face the situation. Hindi naman kami tatakbo eh (We will not run from any probe),” Alejano said in an interview with ANC on Friday, adding that he supports any investigation into Advincula’s allegations.

The party-list lawmaker said this after Go, who had been accused of receiving drug money by Bikoy, said he might summon Trillanes to a possible Senate probe.

“Trillanes, hintayin mo rin. Baka ikaw rin ang ipatawag ko (Just wait, Trillanes, I might summon you, too),” Go said in radio interview Thursday.

“Pasalamat rin ako kay Trillanes, kung hindi n’ya ako tinawag d’yan baka hindi ako naging senador ngayon (I also thank Trillanes. If he did not summon me there, I may not be a senator now).”

It was Sen. Panfilo Lacson, chair of the Senate public order panel, who said he might consider launching an inquiry if Advincula “shows sufficient proof or evidence to back his new allegations.”

READ: Lacson: Senate may probe ‘Bikoy’s’ new claims if backed by evidence

Alejano, who lost in the May 13 senatorial race, had already denied Advincula’s claims that he and the Otso Diretso senatorial slate were planning to oust the President and install Vice President Leni Robredo.

ADVERTISEMENT

The opposition lawmaker said the PNP should have thoroughly investigated Advincula’s accusations first before they gave him a platform. He stressed that the opposition would never resort to “black propaganda” just to win the polls.

“I will consult with the Magdalo group, Otso Diretso members, and my lawyers regarding the appropriate legal actions that I could take against Bikoy,” he added.

READ: Alejano refutes Bikoy: Otso Diretso never met you

Now that Alejano would be out of the political arena, he said he plans to “go back to organizing,” “continue community works and serve constituents,” as well as “consolidate their political forces within Magdalo and among political units and organizations.” (Editor: Mike U. Frialde)

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Advincula, Alejano, Bikoy, Bong Go, Magdalo, Probe, Senate
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.
sports

Carmelo Anthony takes a new outlook to his new team

November 20, 2019 03:32 PM

technology

Sugar essential to life found in meteorites

November 20, 2019 03:12 PM

newsinfo

TD Ramon maintains strength as it crosses Ifugao

November 20, 2019 03:08 PM



© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.