7 hurt in Sampaloc, Manila gas leak explosion
MANILA, Philippines — A three-year-old boy and six others were injured when a reported leaking liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) tank exploded inside a food establishment in Sampaloc, Manila on Sunday morning.
Rushed to the hospital for minor injuries were Marilyn Parreño, 57; Shiley Villarazo, 47; Merliza Defeo, 42; Raeniel Garcia, 37; Live Espino, 28; Jeffrey Hernandez, 28; and Mark Joseph Macabale 3.
According to authorities, the seven individuals were immediately brought to Mary Chiles General Hospital following the blast.
Investigation of the Manila Police District showed that the blast happened at the Yogurt and Tea House establishment along Dalupan street in Sampaloc, Manila at 8:10 a.m.
Authorities said that the explosion was allegedly caused by a gas leak from an LPG tank.
Police authorities also dispelled the possibility that the blast was due to a bomb as no parts of an improvised explosive device were found from the site. (Editor: Jonathan P. Vicente)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.