Trillanes admits ‘Bikoy’ approached him last year
MANILA, Philippines — Opposition Senator Antonio Trillanes IV disclosed on Monday that “Bikoy” approached him, though priests, last year.
“Bikoy” is the hooded man in the “Ang Totoong Narcolist” videos, which linked President Rodrigo Duterte’s family and allies to the illegal drug trade.
Last May 6, a certain Peter Peter Joemel Advincula surfaced, claiming to be “Bikoy” and repeating his allegations in the videos.
“Una nang inilapit sa akin itong si Bikoy ng mga pari noong August last year (The priests brought Bikoy to me last year),” Trillanes said in a privilege speech.
“Ayon sa kanila, ito raw si Bikoy ay humingi sa kanila ng sanctuary dahil sya raw ay papatayin ng mga taga sindikato na involved sa illegal drugs,” he explained.
(The priests said ‘Bikoy’ had sought sanctuary from them because syndicates involved in illegal drugs were reportedly threatening his life.)
“Pinakinggan ko sya, subalit nakulangan ako at naguluhan sa mga detalye kaya isinantabi ko at tuluyan nang kinalimutan ang usapang ito,” the senator added.
(I listened to him but I found the details he mentioned inadequate and confusing, so I set aside and forgot the conversation.)
Sometime in February this year, Trillanes said the priests returned to him with documents supposedly containing bank accounts of the syndicate’s leaders.
The documents, according to the priests, came from Bikoy’s two companions— a certain Jessmark Acosta at Dan de Vera, who are said to be members of the syndicate.
Trillanes said he asked some foreign and local media outfits and investigative journalists to validate the documents but was told that the validation process might take a while.
“But if the account details are accurate, the money trail could be traced,” he said, “So as far as those documents are concerned, maaring totoo pa rin ang existence ng sindikatong ito depende sa kalababasan ng validation process later on (the existence of this syndicate may be true depending on the results of the validation process later on).”
However, the senator noted that he did not present “Bikoy” to any Senate hearing as he did not pass his vetting process.
Last May 23, “Bikoy” recanted his earlier allegations against the Dutertes and claimed instead that the Liberal Party and other opposition members, including Trillanes, were behind him and the videos. (Editor: Eden Estopace)
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.