4 drug suspects nabbed in Taguig bust, P1.1M shabu seized
MANILA, Philippines — Four drug suspects were arrested and P1.1 million worth of shabu were seized in a buy-bust operation in Taguig City early Friday.
A police report from the National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) identified the suspects as Joseph Marcelo, Ronald Kerwin Bustos, Anthony Cruz, and Robert Saligan.
Police said the suspects are part of a criminal gang involved in illegal drug activities that is listed in the watchlist of the Southern Police District (SPD).
They were previously arrested and faced charges before the Taguig and Makati courts over the past two years for the same offense but their cases were dismissed, the NCRPO said.
Police added that the suspects are also connected to a group of high-value targets in Taguig City, which is engaged in illegal drug activities.
During the buy-bust operation, the police were able to seize six plastic sachets of shabu, weighing about 165 grams, worth P1,122,000. The buy-bust operation was conducted at Brgy. Napindan, Taguig City, at about 12:30 a.m. Friday.
Also seized were a .45 caliber pistol, a 9 mm pistol, three magazines, several live bullets, a hand grenade, and the marked cash used in the bust.
The suspects who are now detained at the Taguig police station will face charges for violation of the Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002, illegal possession of firearms and ammunition and for violation of the election gun ban, police said. /muf
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.