Gov’t inspects Laguna hospitals, schools for quake damage
SAN PEDRO CITY — The provincial government of Laguna on Tuesday suspended classes to give way to an inspection of public schools, buildings, and hospitals.
So far, no damage resulting from the magnitude 6.1 quake that struck Luzon Monday was reported in the province, but Laguna Gov. Ramil Hernandez still ordered an assessment of the structural integrity of public infrastructure, said provincial information officer Chris Sanji.
Sanji said government engineers would go around nine public hospitals and schools to check the structures.
Aldwin Cejo, Laguna disaster risk reduction and management officer (DRRMO), said the earthquake was felt across Laguna at intensity I to III.
He said Laguna has put on standby provisions and rescue equipment for possible deployment to Central Luzon, where at least 11 people were reportedly killed when buildings collapsed.
In Cavite, DRRMO Trixia Flores said they were also ready to augment rescue efforts in Pampanga.
No quake damage was also reported in Cavite. /lzb
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.