Locsin says ‘no leak so far’ of passport data
MANILA, Philippines — There has been “no leak so far” of information amid the passport data breach, Foreign Affairs Secretary Teddy Locsin Jr. said Monday.
“No leak so far,” Locsin said in a tweet.
As time passes the shit dries up so you can examine it with a stick without any of it sticking to the stick. No leak so far. But the data is possibly hopelessly corrupted and at any rate inaccessible now or we are being lied to as usual. https://t.co/tXwASYpp5w
— Teddy Locsin Jr. (@teddyboylocsin) January 13, 2019FEATURED STORIESNEWSINFONEWSINFO
However, Locsin also admitted there was no certainty that the integrity of the data had not been compromised.
“The data is possibly hopelessly corrupted and at any rate inaccessible now or we are being lied to as usual,” he said.
Locsin’s tweet was in response to a netizen who said, “I don’t get these people. Crying because of a leak? Pero may Facebook sila (a proven leak) at yung iba voters (another leak) credit card is another.”
“The company that has the passport info is based in France na sobrang higpit ng privacy laws. (No proven leak yet),” the netizen added.
On Sunday, Locsin vowed to unmask the people responsible for the passport data breach: “Those behind the passport mess will launch a social media campaign against me. I will identify them. Apparently the mess crosses partisan lines.”
Those behind the passport mess will launch a social media campaign against me. I will identify them. Apparently the mess crosses partisan lines.ADVERTISEMENT
— Teddy Locsin Jr. (@teddyboylocsin) January 13, 2019
The foreign affairs secretary revealed last Saturday that a previously outsourced passport maker took away all passport applicants’ data after its contract was terminated. /cbb
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.