Diokno refutes Andaya: 2019 budget will be cash-based
MANILA, Philippines – Budget Secretary Benjamin Diokno on Thursday refuted the claim of House Majority Leader Rolando Andaya Jr. that government will no longer push through with the cash-based budgeting system for the 2019 national budget.
“No. 2019 budget will be cash-based,” Diokno said in a text message to INQUIRER.net when sought for comment.
Andaya, Camarines Sur 1st District congressman, said Duterte already signed a resolution extending the validity of 2018 expenditure program.
With this, he said, the would operate on a reenacted budget this fiscal year.
The Senate in December last year approved the resolution extending the validity of the 2018 appropriations for the maintenance and other operating expenses (MOOE) and capital outlays until December 31, 2019.
The House, meanwhile, approved its version in November last year.
In a Palace briefing, Presidential Spokesperson Salvador Panelo said he has yet to confirm with the office of the President the status of the resolution. /muf
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.