2 alleged drug pushers killed in Cavite, Rizal busts | Inquirer News
Close  

2 alleged drug pushers killed in Cavite, Rizal busts

/ 10:02 AM October 31, 2018

SAN PEDRO CITY – Two suspected illegal drug suspects were killed in separate buy-busts in Cavite and Rizal on Tuesday night.

Police said suspect Victor Mercado was killed In Indang, Cavite, after exchanging gunfire with the arresting police officers at around 10:45 p.m. in Barangay Buna Cerca.

ADVERTISEMENT

According to the police, Mercado drew his .9mm pistol upon learning that it was a sting.

In Antipolo City, drug suspect identified only as  “Balong” was killed in another buy-bust operation around 7:30 p.m. in Barangay San Jose.

FEATURED STORIES

Police said the suspect was killed shortly after selling suspected shabu (crystal meth) worth P500 to an undercover police officer.

According to police, the suspect allegedly opened fire prompting the undercover officers to return fire, killing him. The suspect police said was previously charged with robbery.  /muf

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.
Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: buy-busts, Drug pushers, Local news, Philippine news updates, Police, war on drugs
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter

By providing an email address. I agree to the Terms of Use and
acknowledge that I have read the Privacy Policy.



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.