Manila issues traffic rerouting plan for ‘Undas’
The Manila Police District (MPD) on Tuesday advised the public that a traffic rerouting scheme would be implemented for the “Undas” break.
The MPD also said that some roads would be closed to traffic but parking areas would be available to assist the motorists.
In an advisory, the traffic enforcement unit of the MPD said that the following roads would be closed starting 10 p.m. of Wednesday:
- Stretch of Aurora Blvd. from Dimasalang to Rizal Avenue
- Stretch of Dimasalang from Makiling to Blumentritt.
- Stretch of P. Guevarra from Cavite to Pampanga
- Stretch of Blumentritt from A. Bonifacio to P. Guevarra
- Stretch of Retiro from Dimasalang to Blumentritt Ext.
- Stretch of Leonor Rivera from Cavite to Aurora Boulevard
Nevertheless, the following areas would be made available as parking areas
- Stretch of Craig St.
- Stretch of Simon St.
- Stretch of F. Huertas St.
- Stretch of Sulu St.
- Stretch of Oroquieta St
- Stretch of Metrica
With this, the MPD advised the public to take the alternative routes for the Undas break.
Public Utilitiy Jeepney (PUJ) bound to North Cemetery
- PUJ coming from Rizal Ave./Blumentritt shall take Cavite right L. Rivera or Isagani right to Antipolo to point of destination.
- PUJ coming from Amoranto St. (from Q.C.) right Calavite, right Bonifacio to point of destination. (Loading and Unloading before Amoranto/Calavite)
- PUJ coming from Dimasalang right Makiling right Maceda to point of destination. (Loading and Unloading after Maceda/Makiling)
- PUJs with route going to Retiro coming from Blumentritt and Aurora to go straight to Bonifacio Avenue, until reach to Laon-Laan, Dimasalang from North Cemetery gate, up to Makiling.
- Meanwhile, PUJs with route going to Laon-Laan, are suggested to take the route going to Dos Castillas, then Don Quijote, and Ma. Clara, then Carola, and Aragon.
Vehicles bound for La Loma and Chinese Cemeteries
- All vehicles coming from España shall take A.H. Lacson, Tayuman, Blumentritt from Cavite to Aurora Blvd. and take either Rizal Ave. or JA Santos.
- All vehicles coming from Quiapo, Sta. Cruz, Tondo, Caloocan shall take JA Santos or Rizal Ave. Ext.
- Straight ahead to Blumentritt then turn right to Isagani or right Cavite to point of origin.
- Quezon City proper – westward Retiro St. left Blumentritt, right Dapitan to point of destination.
- Retiro/Blumentritt – loading and unloading zone, closed Retiro Manila proper.
- Straight-ahead to Dimasalang right Makiling (loading and unloading zone) to point of destination.
Vehicles bound to North Cemetery coming from Districts 4, 5, and 6
- Via Maceda St. – España straight Maceda up to Makiling St., right Makiling, right Instruccion, right Ma. Clara, left VG Cruz to point of origin.
- Via Dimasalang – straight ahead Dimasalang St. up to Makiling, right Makiling, right Maceda straight ahead to Ma. Clara or España to point of origin.
Vehicles bound to North Cemetery coming from Districts 1, 2 & 3
- Via Blumentritt – Rizal Ave., straight ahead Blumentritt up to Isagani St., right Isagani St., right Cavite, left Blumentritt to point of origin.
- Via Aurora/Rizal Ave./JAS – straight Aurora up to Blumentritt, right Blumentritt towards Rizal Ave. to point of origin.
Vehicles bound to North Cemetery coming from Quezon City proper
- Via Amoranto – straight ahead up to Calavite, right Calavite towards Bonifacio, then right Bonifacio to point of destination.
- All vehicles coming from the North (Caloocan and Quezon City going to Pier North (Manila) shall take C-3 towards JAS or Radial Road 10.
- All vehicles coming from the North (Quezon City) going to Pier South (Ermita) shall take D. Tuazon or Mayon Street towards España / G. Forbes or to Quiapo as alternate routes.
- All vehicles intending to proceed to the North Cemetery, La Loma and Chinese Cemetery both from north and south of Manila shall take the stretch of Rizal Avenue from Recto to City limit (vice-versa).