Malacañang hits Alejano ‘misinformation’ on Duterte’s health
The Malacañang debunked on Sunday “misinformation” by Magdalo Rep. Gary Alejano who claimed that President Rodrigo Duterte was “not healthy.”
“The president is old, and he is not healthy. So anong mangyayari sa ating bansa kung may problema ang Pangulo na wala na sa kapasidad na maglead sa ating bansa?” Alejano said during a news conference on Saturday.
Presidential Spokesperson Harry Roque refuted Alejano saying Duterte actually made a public appearance in Cebu for the Conference of the League of Municipalities and in Davao for the 12th Anniversary of the Eastern Mindanao Command earlier this week.
“The President has always been forthright about his condition,” Roque said in a statement, adding that “What he is experiencing is typical of people of his age.”
“Magdalo Rep. Gary Alejano’s misinformation is certainly in aid of election. We hope the people will judge him accordingly,” Roque said.
It was not the first time the Palace defended the health condition of Duterte from his critics.
On Monday, the Special Assistant to the President Christopher “Bong” Go also denied claims that Duterte was in a coma.
“Nasa kama lang nag rest. Kausap ko pa 2 am kaninang madaling araw si PRRD,” Go said following the Facebook post of Communist Party of the Philippines Jose Maria Sison, who insinuated that Duterte was seriously incapacitated. /cbb
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.