Quantcast
pork barrel
Latest Stories
Home » typhoon death toll You are browsing entries tagged with “typhoon death toll”

‘Glenda’ deaths inching toward 100

By ,
Firemen remove the branches from a fallen tree which fell on two cars at the onslaught of Typhoon Rammasun (locally known as Glenda) which battered Makati city, east of Manila, July 16, 2014. AP FILE PHOTO

The official death toll from Typhoon Glenda could reach 100 with 94 listed dead and six still missing, mostly in the Southern Tagalog and Calabarzon regions, authorities said on Sunday.

Posted: July 21st, 2014 in Editors' Picks,Headlines,Latest News Stories,Nation,Nation | Read More »

‘Yolanda’ death toll reaches 5,818

By
AP FILE PHOTO

The death toll in the wake of Supertyphoon “Yolanda” (international name: “Haiyan”) on Wednesday neared the 6,000 mark, nearly three times the initial estimate made by President Aquino days after the strongest typhoon to hit land battered Eastern Visayas.

Posted: December 5th, 2013 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Classes to resume in typhoon-hit provinces by January, says DepEd chief

By
Education Secretary Armin Luistro. INQUIRER FILE PHOTO

Classes will resume in typhoon-devastated areas by January 2013 despite the extensive loss of lives and property, according to Education Secretary Armin Luistro.

Posted: December 16th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Multiple deaths in ComVal families make it difficult to move on

By
Compostela Valley

Bonifacio Adlawan, 54, admitted the difficulty of accepting that his wife, Carmelita, 48, could be among the hundreds who died during typhoon Pablo’s onslaught here last week.

Posted: December 12th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Regions | Read More »

647 confirmed dead, 780 still missing from typhoon Pablo

By
Residents affected by typhoon Pablo beg for aid from passing motorists along a highway at Montevista town, Compostela Valley, on Sunday, Dec. 9, 2012. The death toll from Pablo has climbed to 647 as rescue workers continued to search for 780 individuals who remained missing as of Monday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said.  AP PHOTO/BULLIT MARQUEZ

The death toll from typhoon “Pablo” (international name” Bopha) that struck several provinces in the Visayas and Mindanao last week has climbed to 647 as rescue workers continued to search for 780 individuals who remained missing as of Monday, the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council (NDRRMC) said.

Posted: December 10th, 2012 in Latest News Stories,Nation | Read More »

Advertisement
Advertisement
Marketplace
Advertisement