Saturday, March 24, 2018
  • share this

Correctional exec denies Napoles suffered heart attack

/ 11:54 AM May 12, 2015

Janet Lim-Napoles. BOY SANTOS/POOL

Correctional Institute for Women (CIW) officer-in-charge Dr. Idilinda Patac denied reports that Janet Lim-Napoles suffered a heart attack.

“That is not true. She’s fine,” Patac told on Tuesday.

While Napoles is suffering from diabetes and hypertension, she said these health conditions were under control.


Napoles was transferred to CIW after she was convicted for serious illegal detention by the Makati City Regional Trial Court.

READ: Napoles spirited out of Bicutan, brought to Correctional at 2 a.m.

Napoles last year had an operation at the Ospital ng Makati to have her uterus and ovaries removed.

READ: Napoles surgery in Makati hospital successful

On Monday, rumors circulated at the Sandiganbayan that she had suffered a heart attack.

Justice Secretary Leila de Lima called Bureau of Corrections (BuCor) chief Franklin Jesus Bucayu to verify the report. IDL

Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Health, Heart attack, Idilinda Patac, Janet Lim Napoles, pork barrel scam
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

© Copyright 1997-2018 | All Rights Reserved