Con-Com votes to allow political families to run for only 2 positions
The Consultative Committee (Con-Com) tasked to review the 1987 Constitution has voted 12-6 to allow a political family to run for only two positions in an election: one for a national position and the other for a regional or local position.
In an en banc session on Tuesday, 12 members of ConCom voted to allow political families to run for only two positions while six members voted to allow them to run for only one position.
Con-Com members who voted for allowing two positions were:
- Chief Justice Reynato S. Puno
- Arthur N. Aguilar
- Prof. Eddie M. Alih
- Atty, Ali Pangalian M. Balindong
- Dr. Virgilio C. Bautista
- Atty. Ferdinand M. Bocobo
- Atty. Roan I. Libarios
- Ret. Associate Justice Antonio Eduardo B. Nachura
- Atty. Randolph C. Parcasio
- Former Senate President Aquilino “Nene” Pimentel Jr.
- Prof. Edmund S. Tayao
- Atty. Laurence B. Wacnang
Meanwhile, those who voted for only one position were:
- Atty. Antonio B. Arellano
- Atty. Reuben R. Canoy
- Atty. Susan U. Ubalde-Ordinario
- Ret. Associate Justice Bienvenido L. Reyes
- Atty. Rodolfo D. Robles
- Dean Julio C. Tehankee
Two members of the Con-Com, Fr. Ranhilio C. Aquino and Atty. Victor dela Serna, were absent during the en banc session. /je
This is a developing story. Refresh for updates.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.