Boat trips out of Bohol canceled due to storm
TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol — Renelyn Migriño, 26, and her family went to the Tagbilaran Port early on Monday morning to take a boat ride to Cebu City.
To their disappointment, they were told that all trips had been canceled because Bohol had been placed under Storm Signal Number 1 as Tropical Storm “Basyang” (internationally known as “Sanba”) continued to head towards eastern Mindanao.
Affected by the cancellation were trips to Dumaguete City in Negros Oriental, Cebu City, and Larena town in Siquijor.
Basyang is expected to hit Bohol either on Tuesday night or early Wednesday, according to the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
“We had to go back because the trip was cancelled. What else can we do,” said Migriño.
Matthew Xiu, 46, and his family had to return to Panglao town where they were staying.
He said they had to rebook their tickets back to Singapore on Monday night.
“We’ll wait until we can travel,” he said. /atm
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.