Man in drug watchlist shot dead in Quezon
LUCENA CITY – A 52-year-old man who previously surrendered to authorities under the government’s anti-illegal drugs drive but purportedly went back to drug pushing was shot dead by unknown armed men in Tayabas City early Monday morning, police said.
Wenceslao Bracamonte was sleeping around 12:45 a.m. when assailants barged in and repeatedly shot him inside his house located in Barangay (village) Silangang Palale, according to a report from the Tayabas police.
Investigators recovered empty shells from caliber .45 pistol and 5.56 mm rifle.
The report said the victim had already surrendered to the authorities but returned to drug peddling. He was listed No. 12 in the local police’s drug watchlist. /kga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.