Close  

Sea trips from Bohol cancelled due to ‘Urduja’

By: - Correspondent / @leoudtohanINQ
/ 12:25 PM December 16, 2017

Passengers were stranded at the Tagbilaran Port on Saturday after trips going to Cebu were cancelled due to Tropical Storm “Urduja.” Leo Udtohan/Inquirer Visayas

TAGBILARAN CITY, Bohol—All trips from Bohol bound for Dumaguete City in Negros Oriental and Cebu were cancelled on Saturday due to Tropical Storm “Urduja.”

Seaman 2nd Class Nekolo Gonzales of Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)-Tagbilaran said the Cebu-bound sea trips were suspended as Storm Signal Number 1 was raised over northern Bohol at 8 a.m. on Saturday.

ADVERTISEMENT

At the Tagbilaran Port, ticketing offices of fast ferries posted their notices of cancelled trips.

It said that Saturday trips were “tentative.”

The weather in Tagbilaran was gloomy with isolated rain showers although the sea was calm.

Some passengers had asked for refund while others opted to rebook their trip.

Li Wu, 45, and her five friends, had no choice but to rebook their trip. They were scheduled to leave Cebu for Shanghai, China, on Saturday night.

“It cost us a lot, but we (have) no other means,” she said.

All Bohol-bound vessels in Cebu had been grounded as well after the entire province of Cebu was placed under Storm Signal Number 1.#

ADVERTISEMENT
Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Nekolo Gonzales, Philippine Coast Guard (PCG)-Tagbilaran, sea travel, Tagbilaran Port, urduja
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.