Friday, November 16, 2018
Close  
  • share this

No public bidding for Marawi projects

/ 07:26 AM December 03, 2017

The government will not hold a public bidding for the reconstruction of war-torn Marawi City and will instead accept proposals from developers that would be subjected to a Swiss challenge, according to Task Force Bangon Marawi chair Eduardo del Rosario.

Del Rosario said accepting proposals that would undergo a Swiss challenge was a faster process than conducting a public bidding.

ADVERTISEMENT

“This seems to be a much better and faster process instead of bidding. But instead we will go to the mode of Swiss challenge. It will be like bidding but faster and better,” Del Rosario said in a briefing.

Del Rosario said the total comprehensive, rehabilitation and reconstruction plan would be crafted by the National Economic and Development Authority.

FEATURED STORIES

The plan would be ready by the last week of March, he said.

Earlier estimates put the cost of reconstruction as high as P90 billion.

According to Del Rosario, what the government has done regarding  Marawi was to call on big-time developers, both foreign and national, to submit unsolicited proposals for rebuilding the city.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Eduardo del Rosario, Marawi rehabilitation, Marawi siege, NEDA, Swiss Challenge
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.