Father dies, family members ill after eating mussels in Samar | Inquirer News

Father dies, family members ill after eating mussels in Samar

By: - Reporter / @JhoannaBINQ
/ 11:57 AM November 23, 2017

A 39-year-old man died while five others fell ill after eating shellfish in the town of Tarangnan in Samar province.

Rommel Balsote died after eating mussels, according to DZIQ Radyo Inquirer’s report on Thursday. Meanwhile, his wife Elizabeth, and their four children were hospitalized.

ADVERTISEMENT

The family members experienced stomach pains after eating the shellfish, DZIQ report added.

The Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources said that about 39 people have been hospitalized this November for eating shellfish, the report likewise noted.

FEATURED STORIES

Five bays in Eastern Visayas remain positive for red tide toxins, including Daram, Irong-irong Bay, Maqueda Bay, Villareal Bay and Cambatutay Bay in Western Samar, the DZIQ report said.       /kga

 

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: BFAR, death, Family, mussels, poison, red tide, Samar, shellfish
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

Subscribe to our daily newsletter



© Copyright 1997-2022 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.