Palace assures public: No whitewash in Arnaiz slay probe
Malacañang on Tuesday assured the public that there would be no whitewash in the investigation on the death of 19-year-old Carl Angelo Arnaiz whose body was found in a morgue in Caloocan City.
“We assure the public that there will be no whitewash, and there will be a thorough and impartial investigation, and those who will be found responsible will be made accountable before our laws,” Presidential Spokesperson Ernesto Abella said in a Palace briefing.
Justice Secretary Vitaliano Aguirre II had earlier ordered the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) to probe the death of Arnaiz.
Arnaiz, who was reportedly with a friend, left their house in Cainta late in the evening last August 17.
His body was recovered 10 days later at a Caloocan City morgue.
The Caloocan City police officers who shot Arnaiz said the 19-year old had robbed a taxi driver and fought back as they were trying to arrest him.
Autopsy report said Arnaiz was shot five times — three shots in the chest, one in his left side, and one in his right arm. IDL
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.