Suspended Fox host sues reporter over alleged lewd texts  | Inquirer News
Close  

Suspended Fox host sues reporter over alleged lewd texts 

/ 09:18 AM August 10, 2017

FILE – In this July 22, 2015 file photo, co-host Eric Bolling appears on “The Five” television program, on the Fox News Channel, in New York. Fox News announced on Saturday, Aug. 5, 2017, that Bolling has been suspended while it investigates a report that “The Specialists” co-host sent at least three female colleagues a lewd text message. Bolling’s lawyer calls the accusations untrue and says he and his client are cooperating with the investigation. (AP Photo/Richard Drew, File)

NEW YORK — Suspended Fox News host Eric Bolling on Wednesday sued the reporter who broke the story that he had allegedly sent lewd text messages to colleagues.

Bolling filed a $50 million defamation lawsuit in New York state Supreme Court against Yashar Ali, a Huffington Post contributing writer. The cable news host said Ali damaged his reputation through what Bolling called the “highly reckless publication of actionable false and misleading statements about the plaintiff’s conduct and character,” according to the suit.

ADVERTISEMENT

Bolling was suspended over the weekend pending an internal investigation that a Fox spokesperson said is underway.

Ali wrote last week that Bolling is accused of sending unsolicited photos of male genitalia to co-workers over several years.

FEATURED STORIES

On Wednesday, the reporter tweeted that he stands by his story and will protect his sources. Ali also wrote that he is not going to stop reporting on Bolling “or anyone else. I’ve had family members killed/jailed in Iran, a lawsuit isn’t going to scare me.”

Bolling’s lawyer, Michael J. Bowe, said in a statement: “This anonymously sourced and uncorroborated story is false, defamatory, and obviously intended to destroy this good man’s career and family. We will defend Eric aggressively in court, where actual facts, based on evidence, testimony, and cross-examination, will belie these anonymous accusations.”

Bolling tweeted that he “will continue to fight against these false smear attacks! THANK YOU FOR CONTINUED SUPPORT.”

Huffington Post is not involved in the legal action.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Controversy, defamation, Eric Bolling, Fox News, scandal, Yashar Ali
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2020 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.