Pagasa: Thunderstorms to persist in Metro Manila, parts of Luzon
Thunderstorms will continue to prevail over Metro Manila and some parts of the country on Sunday, according to the latest advisory of the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa).
This is because a high pressure area (HPA) is affecting the eastern section of Luzon.
As of 5:13 p.m., Pagasa said thunderstorm would affect the following areas:
- Parañaque, Las Piñas, Muntinlupa in Metro Manila
- Botolan in Zambales
- Antipolo, Teresa, Morong, and Baras in Rizal
- Lopez, Macalelon, General Luna, Catanauan, and Buenavista in Quezon
- General Trias and Trece Martires in Cavite
- Portions of Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Pampanga, and Bulacan
The thunderstorms in these areas may persist within 2 hours.
Pagasa said thunderstorms will be expected to affect over Bataan, Laguna, and Batangas within the next 3 hours.
It also advised the public to take precautionary measures against heavy rains, strong winds, lightning and possible flash floods. /atm
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.