Crown hotel storage catches fire in Cebu City; no one hurt
CEBU CITY — No one was reported injured in a fire that struck the storage room of a hotel in uptown Cebu City early Tuesday and prompted guests to quickly vacate the place for safety.
Firefighters managed to control the blaze at the basement 2of Crown Regency Hotel and Towers along Osmeňa Boulevard in Cebu City at 5:03 a.m. The fire was put out at 5:57 a.m.
Senior Supt. Samuel Taneo, director of the Bureau of Fire Protection in Central Visayas (PRO-7), said they were verifying reports that a lit cigarette or a faulty electrical wiring caused the fire.
“Everything is under investigation for now. We have not made any conclusions at this point,” said Tadeo in a radio interview over radio station dyAB. Investigators had yet to determine the cost of the damage.
The Cebu City Fire Department received the alarm at 4:57 a.m.
Firemen used their breathing apparatus in entering the hotel basement that was filled with smoke when they arrived.
Hotel guests were advised through a phone call to calmly leave the building while firefighters were putting out the fire. SFM/rga
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.