Indian woman hurt in Malabon firecracker blast
MANILA — A 42-year-old Indian national was wounded when firecrackers exploded inside her house in Malabon city.
Sukwhinder Kaur, 48, was rushed to the MCU hospital for the treatment of minor burns.
Kaur told police that the owner of the firecrackers was a certain Deepak, 22, an Indian businessman. No surname has been provided yet.
Chief Inspector Lucio Simangan Jr., said a fire that started about 11:30 p.m. on Tuesday, caused the explosion. The fire did not last long and was immediately put out past 12 a.m. Wednesday.
The initial cause of the fire, which led to the firecracker explosion, was faulty electrical wiring, SFO3 Alvino Torres said.
The wires were spliced inside the built-in wooden cabinet that contained the firecrackers.
The flames caused by the wires licked the firecrackers, which then exploded. SFM
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.