Doctor keeps Bong Revilla in hospital
Former Sen. Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. will remain in a hospital at his doctor’s orders, a police official on Thursday told the antigraft court trying him on plunder charges.
PSupt. Arnel Apud of the Philippine National Police Custodial Service Unit reported to the Sandiganbayan First Division that Revilla’s attending physician did not allow his custodians to take him back to detention from the St. Luke’s Medical Center in Taguig City.
Orthopedic surgeon Dr. Rolando Ochoa had recommended that Revilla extend his stay for further treatment and examination, including a biopsy, Apud told the antigraft court without giving details of the former senator’s health condition.
Revilla was brought to the upscale hospital on Saturday morning after he complained of severe headache and nausea due to hypertension.
The court had earlier permitted Revilla to remain at the hospital until he is discharged. At the time, his lawyer said doctors recommended that he stay until Wednesday.
The 50-year-old actor-politician is facing plunder and graft charges for allegedly receiving P224.5 million in kickbacks from his Priority Development Assistance Fund to bogus foundations allegedly controlled by businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles.
He and another former opposition senator, Jose “Jinggoy” Estrada, have been held at the PNP Custodial Center since June 2014.
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.