Close  

2 kids dead, 1 downed by ‘butete’ in Camarines Sur

/ 05:57 PM June 21, 2016

LEGAZPI CITY—Two children died and another was hospitalized after eating puffer fish popularly known as “butete” in Calabanga, Camarines Sur, police said on Tuesday.

Senior Inspector Ma. Louisa Calubaquib, information officer of Bicol police, said the victims were John Edsel Bristol, 7, and Anton Rey Bristol, 6, brothers living in Barangay Sabang, Calabanga, Camarines Sur. They were declared dead on arrival at the Bicol Medical Center (BMC). They suffered stomach pain and vomiting after eating the “butete” for dinner on Monday.

ADVERTISEMENT

Calubaquib in a report said that on Tuesday at about 9:30 a.m., Calabanga police transported another victim named Arnold Reforsado, 6, to BMC for vomiting.

Reforsado is still recovering at the hospital./rga

FEATURED STORIES

Read Next
LATEST STORIES
MOST READ
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Camarines Sur, Food Poisoning, Puffer fish
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2019 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.