Food poisoning victims still in hospital
CEBU CITY—Many of the 47 persons, who were taken ill in an apparent case of food poisoning in Naga City, are still in a hospital in the town of Minglanilla, Cebu province.
The victims complained of stomach pains and showed symptoms of poisoning, like vomiting and fever, after eating fruit salad at the house of a village watchman in Naga, a city also in the province of Cebu.
Councilor Carmelino Cruz Jr. of Naga City said the victims were brought to Minglanilla District Hospital (MDH) on Sunday.
Dr. Andres Gestopa of MDH said 11 of the patients had been discharged on Monday and the rest were still under observation.
He said the case was reported to the Department of Health and samples of the fruit salad were taken for tests.
Cruz, chair of the Naga City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Council, said the victims were residents of Barangay Tangke who attended a fiesta celebration in Barangay Naalad in Naga City on Saturday.
Naga City Mayor Valdemar Chiong said he ordered medicines sent to MDH for the victims.
Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.