Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Close  
  • share this

Bongbong Marcos’s VP bid gets boost from Cavite Vice Gov. Revilla

/ 04:02 AM February 29, 2016

VICE presidential aspirant Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos Jr. received an endorsement from the vice governor of Cavite as he stumped towns in the populous southern flank of Metro Manila over the weekend.

Cavite Vice Gov. Jolo Revilla called on his constituents to support Marcos’ bid for Vice President, according to the Marcos camp.

ADVERTISEMENT

At a short stop in Dasmarinas town, Revilla urged Cavite residents to vote for Marcos whom he said, “has a genuine heart in fighting for the truth, progress and well-being of the Filipino people,” the press statement said.

On Saturday, Marcos’ “unity caravan” cruised through the towns of Silang, Dasmariñas, Trece Martires, Tanza and Imus, to rally Caviteño support for his candidacy.

FEATURED STORIES

Cavite has the highest population of voters in Luzon with over 1.8 million registered with the Commission on Elections. Cavite Gov. Juanito Victor Remulla, who is abroad, previously expressed support for the presidential candidacy of Jejomar Binay.

A day earlier, on Friday, Marcos was in Pangasinan, the second most populous voting province with 1.7 million registered voters.

Read Next
Don't miss out on the latest news and information.
View comments

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

TAGS: Bongbong Marcos, corruption, Elections 2016, Jolo Revilla
For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.


© Copyright 1997-2018 INQUIRER.net | All Rights Reserved

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. By continuing, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more, please click this link.